By: Christy Bennett
High intensity interval training, otherwise known as HIITT is a very popular form of exercise that involves quick, yet intense bursts of exercise, followed by a short recovery periods.
HIIT has gained a lot of interest over the past few years, as is a very quick, convenient and effective form of exercise - perfect for those time-poor individuals who still want to maintain their fitness regime.
It can basically be performed anytime, anywhere!
So here’s why we love it:
1. It an effective fat burner
HIIT workouts keep your heart rate up and burn more fat in less time. Even 24 hours after your workout, your body is still in hyper drive and burning more calories and fat.
2. It won’t bulk you up
Ladies rejoice! HIIT is amazing in that it burns fat and preserves lean muscle. You’ll become stronger, fitter and leaner.
3. Metabolism booster
The nature of HIIT allows our bodies to consume a lot more oxygen meaning our bodies burn more calories throughout the day. However be smart – this isn’t an excuse to indulge in more food. Watch your diet and you’ll soon notice the positive changes to your body.
4. Choose to use your body
HIIT can be performed using only your bodyweight. You don’t need to invest in any equipment and all you need is an open space, motivation and determination. There are no excuses!
HIIT is great for everyone, regardless of fitness level. It’s challenging, pushes you out of your comfort zone and is results driven!
So, what’s not to love about HIIT?
Start with this great at-home full-body HIIT workout:
· Chest-to-floor burpees
· Mountain climbers
· High knees
· Jump squats
· Commandos (plank to push up)
· Round 1: Perform each exercise for 10 seconds followed by 10 seconds of rest
· Round 2: Perform each exercise for 20 seconds followed by 20 seconds of rest
· Round 3: Perform each exercise for 30 seconds followed by 30 seconds of rest
· Round 4: Perform each exercise for 40 seconds followed by 40 seconds of rest
· Round 5: Perform each exercise for 50 seconds followed by 50 seconds of rest
Then, come along to our next Momentum class and get fit with HIIT.
Click HERE to sign up for a free trial and feel the Momentum difference.