By Amanda Clement
Your fitness regime doesn't have to go to the wayside when you travel. With these 5 portable fitness essentials, you can stay fit anywhere.
1. Workout clothing including shoes –
My favorite brand for long lasting figuring hugging tights is still Lululemon. They fit well and don’t fall down doing burpees!
2. Jump Rope –
This is the ultimate portable workout! Work up a good sweat with just a few minutes of jumping rope.
3. A smartphone and fitness apps –
A smartphone is useful for more than just listening to music and post workout selfies while exercising. It keeps track of steps, plans workouts, helps navigate, and motivates.
My most useful apps:
· Gym Boss Interval Timer – You can adjust the timing based on what your workout is for that day.
· Map My Run– See how far you go, and have the added benefit of not getting lost.
· 12 Minute Athlete – I like this app for times when you want a quick guided workout.
4. Resistance Band –
Resistance Bands are so versatile! They add resistance, assist in body weight movements and can be useful for stretching too.
5. Water bottle –
Hydration, hydration, hydration!