By: Gemma Needham
We live in a busy and stressful world. It’s often too easy for our endless list of priorities to start taking over our lives as as we rush from one thing to the next, and we forget how to stop, really appreciate and enjoy the life we have.
We all need to stop, breathe and slow down and here are 10 tips to help you appreciate the small things and lead a simpler and happier life:
1. Do one thing at a time - we’ve all become masters of multitasking - juggling work commitments, family, school commitments, doctors appointments and social engagements (and a whole lot more). Sure, this can all easily affect our energy levels and overall happiness. Instead, don’t commit to everything and spread yourself too thin. Remember that it’s ok to say no. Know your boundaries and be clear on what you want to take on, and what you don't.
2. Get enough sleep - sleep affects everything from our mood to productivity and appetite. Try and get 7 to 8 hours of sleep every night - it works wonders!
3. Forgive and forget - previous 'bad' choices don't define who you are. Move on, create a strategy to make your goals a reality and chip away at it one day at a time. Start creating a different story for your life. What we believe, we become.
4. Live in the moment - enjoy what’s right in front of you...the present! Experience everything as it happens rather than thinking about what you need to do in 5 minutes or 5 hours time. That moment will come, so just appreciate the now.
5. Eat Well – add more fruit and vegetables into your diet, don’t deprive yourself of your favourite foods (everything in moderation, of course), and drink more water.
6. Spend time with the people you love - give them your undivided attention, this is what really matters in life. Laugh more, stress less.
7. Exercise often – regular exercise helps improve your mood, lifts your spirit and relaxes your mind, body and soul…it works wonders trust us!
8. Have an attitude of gratitude - make it an active choice every single day to appreciate the people and things around you and you’ll be surprised at how this can lift your mood.
9. Connect with nature – whether it’s a walk in the park or a jog along the coast, connecting with nature and getting some fresh air into your lunges can be very therapeutic.
10. Rejection happens, move on - we’ve all experienced rejection at some point in our lives. Instead of being stuck, paralyzed in fear, anger or sadness, be grateful for the life lesson and don’t hold grudges.
Your health and happiness is one of the most important things in life. The better you feel, the more fulfilled you will be. You’ll have more drive to take on any challenges that come your way.
Remember – life is precious, so embrace and savour it.
Friends, join us for a free trial at our next bootcamp and feel the Momentum difference. Sign up here